Current Skincare Saviours

About my current skincare saviours



So for a while I simplified my skincare routine because my skin was really bad. I was taking off my makeup with wipes, cleansing with a Clean&Clear cleanser and just been using my Avène serum and moisturiser, all of which I was using for months and all was fine but my skin was never great, I stopped breaking out as much but I still had breakouts which never really went away.
I knew wipes were bad but I still used them anyway because I couldn't find a cleanser to take off my makeup that I liked that much. And after months of using it, I finally realised that the cleanser that I was using was a foaming one, it's quite funny because I used it for so long & I never realised it to be foaming. I was using wipes and foam on my already dry and sensitive skin, no wonder why it never cleared up.

It was time to change my skincare, which I hate because my skin breaks out easily and I've tried so many skincare products at all different price ranges, I already lost hope.
Anyway, I stumbled upon Caroline Hirons' blog and I instantly fell in love with her posts. I read through most of her cheat sheets and learned so much! She recommends using balm cleansers and I remembered that I used to love using my Bobbi Brown balm cleanser, I have no idea why I never tried a balm cleanser again. I stopped using toner ages ago because I could never find one that didn't break me out or felt like it did anything but I took her word for it and put toner on my shopping list too. She raves about Hydraluron too and it sounded like something I needed so that was also put on the list along with flannels, I never really liked muslin cloths anyway so that wasn't a hard decision.

So I went online and ordered a the Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm and Ren Tonic Moisture Mist then I ventured out the next day to buy 7 flannels and the Hydraluron.
My new skincare challenge began, I started implementing the products one by one into my skincare routine and spent a bit more time in the mornings and evenings on my skin. I also started drinking more water. There have been noticeable changes, my skin is SO MUCH better now, the bumps on my forehead and nose have cleared up. I still have some but I'm guessing that it's because of my diet; I eat way too much sugar. Anyway I have been loving my new skincare routine which I have been using for nearly 3 weeks now and I thought I'd share it with you guys!

The products:

1. Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm 
I absolutely love this, it takes off all of my makeup and I don't need to double cleanse. It smells really good too! I squeeze out a 10p sized blob (in the mornings I use a 5p sized blob) and rub it between my fingers before rubbing it into my dry face. I then run my fingers under the tap then rub them over my face to emulsify the balm.
Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm
Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm 

Next I use a hot flannel to remove my makeup, I rinse the flannel and repeat this step about three times until my face is clean. Oh and it says you can use this to remove eye makeup but I wouldn't recommend it, I tried it and it stings! I always use a separate cleanser for my eye makeup because I use waterproof mascara and no face cleanser ever manages to take everything off. 

2. Ren Tonic Moisture Mist 
I love that this is a spray and that it can also be used over makeup. I spray it twice over my face after cleansing and pat it into my skin. This smells lovely which is a bonus! It's also lovely if you want to refresh your makeup during the day, the only thing I don't like about this product is the glass bottle. It's so heavy to carry around!


Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster with the Purest Hyaluronic Acid - Hydration Serum - 30ml
Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster with the Purest Hyaluronic Acid - Hydration Serum - 30ml
This product is amazing, my skin definitely feels more hydrated since using this. I recommend this product to everyone! It's a clear gel and a little goes a long way. 

I've talked about this on my blog before, I love this so I use this on top of the hydraluron serum too, this is my third or fourth bottle now. It feels really refreshing on the skin and it acts as my moisturiser because I haven't been using moisturiser in the mornings all over my face recently.

Eau Thermale Avène Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum, 1.01 fl. oz.

I've had this for a while now and I still haven't made up my mind about it, I love it under makeup because makeup applies so nicely on it but I've noticed that if I use it too regularly then it will dry out my skin and I would get little bumps. I just use this in the mornings on my t-zone so that my makeup applies nicely.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment Cream with Benzoyl Peroxide, Oil-Free, 1.35 Fl. Oz.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment Cream with Benzoyl Peroxide, Oil-Free, 1.35 Fl. Oz.

6. Avène Light Hydrating Cream 
I bought this to try when I ran out of my Avène rich compensating cream, I didn't like the SPF version so I thought that I'd try this one. It's okay, nothing amazing, I much prefer my rich compensating cream especially because I find that makeup doesn't sit that well on top of this which is why I don't moisturise in the morning and use the Effaclar Duo on my t-zone instead. Once I get another jar of the rich compensating cream I will swap this over for that. 


The Routine:

Morning - Cleanse w/ 1 using hot flannel > Tone with 2 > Serum 3 > Serum 4 > 5 on T-zone  
Night - Cleanse w/ 1 using hot flannel > Tone with 2 > Serum 3 > Serum 4 > Moisturise with 6


I definitely recommend using hot flannels, a fresh one everyday (recommended by Caroline Hirons). I never ever used to just tissue off, I find that gross and even when I used wipes I would always cleanse again with a cleanser and water. If I was using an oil or milk cleanser I would always wash my face with water under a tap. Hot flannels are amazing - I love seeing my makeup on the flannel so that I know it's coming off properly. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier seeing as I've used a flannel since I was little to wash my face everyday, just never thought of using it with a cleanser to take off makeup? So now I have 7 white flannels which I rotate around, 1 flannel a day and I have my regular flannel which I use in the shower or whatever. I chuck the white ones in the laundry basket after each use so they go in the washing machine. 


There is also one more product I want to use in my skincare routine and that is an exfoliating toner. I know exfoliating is important but I've never done well with exfoliating, it always breaks out my skin! But the idea of an exfoliating toner sounds good - no beads, no salt, no bits, just liquid! I've been looking for one that doesn't sound too harsh and the Pixi Glow Tonic sounds suitable for my skin so I want to try that too. 
Also I've been drinking more water, I used to only drink a glass a day, some days not even that. But now I've been trying to drink at least 4 glasses and I think that has helped my skin too, I definitely feel better anyway. 

Sorry this is a super long post, but hopefully you've found this interesting or helpful. Feel free to ask me any questions about the products or if you want to know where I bought them from & definitely check out Caroline Hirons' blog if you haven't already. 

Have a lovely day!
Article by Julie Hoang  from ex.http://missjhoang.blogspot.com, actually writer at http://whatsupjub.blogspot.com. 
Current Skincare Saviours Esmee 5 of 5
About my current skincare saviours So for a while I simplified my skincare routine because my skin was really bad. I was taking of...